Prior to, and throughout my campaign, I have had several opportunities to talk with women from across all sectors about issues that are important to them, many of which I strongly support and am committed to. These include:
- Being part of important decision-making processes
- Having equal access to business and employment opportunities
- Ensuring that quality and accessible childcare and family resources are available in our community
- Working to improve the quality of life for all citizens of our region.
- Providing adequate and educational resources to prevent crime
- Promoting safe neighbourhoods and parks
- Increasing access to resources for women in business, school, health care, child care and from all walks of life
- Recognizing the significant contributions women in business make to our community and country by employing others, supporting the community and profiling the excellent knowledge base of women from our region.
As your Member of Parliament, I am committed to advancing the priorities of women to help ensure their concerns are heard and that they have an equal place, not just in the decision-making process, but in all areas.